Industrial water reuse
Understanding of the wastewater streams is an important step for designing a successful reuse scheme. This includes knowledge of both the effluent water quality from the wastewater treatment plant and the constituent streams forming the wastewater. Our specialists can provide;
- Reuse opportunity assessment: WRc can review the wastewater streams and provide recommendations on individual or blends of streams suitable for recycling and reuse.
- Wastewater stream mapping services: WRc has the capability to map the wastewater streams to identify what the scope is for water reuse, wastewater minimisation and alternative treatment systems.
Reusing wastewater from municipal treatment plants usually requires providing additional advanced treatment.
WRc has capability in providing advice on various advanced treatment technologies such as membrane technology, advanced oxidation processes (AOP) and ion exchange processes. Our specialists can provide:
- Feasibility and optioneering studies.
- Desk based technology assessment review.
- Design, construction and operation of lab and pilot scale trials.
- Conduction of concept level design of a reuse treatment plant.
- Toxicology-based risk assessment (e.g., disinfection, reuse failures).
Identification of End-user
Guidance on requirements for potable and irrigation water reuse is well-established, but reuse for other non-potable offerings has less published guidance.
Our experts can also provide customer and societal analysis, and identification of challenges associated with end-user’s acceptance level for consuming reuse water.